Wednesday, March 11, 2015

English Department Conversation in canteen University of Sumatera Utara Medan by Faisal Efendi

Conversation in the canteen @ Faculty of Cultural Science University of Sumatera Utara.
English Department 2010
Ady                  : Could you order us for two cups of tea, please !
Yuki                : Yes certainly, ice tea or hot tea? 
Ady                 : Ice tea please.
Yuki                 : Wait for a while, please.
Ady                  : Thank you
Yuki                : What would you like to eat?
Adi                   : Fried noodle please
Yuki                : Okay, it's ready now.



Eglish Department 2011
Ayu                   : Hei Dewi, how are you today?

Dewi                : Hei Ayu, I am very fine. How about you?

Ayu                  : I am fine too Dewi. What do you want something to eat for breakfast?

Dewi                  : Yeah I want to eat fried rice with special chicken and egg. How about you?

Ayu                   : I want to eat Nasi Uduk with egg and tempe and very spicy sauce.

Dewi                  : Okay, just wait here, Ayu and I will order.

Ayu                             : Thank you Wi for doing that . By the way. Why do you seldom breakfast in canteen?
Dewi                           : Usually I cooked my breakfeast  in my renthome.




English Department 2012

Dewi               : Hi Ira, it’s a rest break, why do you just stay in the class? Let’s go to the canteen.
Ira                    : Actually I have to finish my homework. But, no problem, I can do it later.
Dewi               : That’s a homework, why didn’t you do in your home?
Farah               : That’s my bad habit? Any problem?
Dewi               : Not really.

At the canteen.
Ira                    : What are you going to order?
Dewi               : I think meatball and ice tea.
Ira                    : Ok, wait a minute, I tell your order.
Dewi               : Ok, thank you.
Ira                    : No problem.
A few minutes later.

Dewi               : The waiter told me that we might have to wait for little bit long because there are so  many orders.
Ira                    : No problem. I am not in hurry. Hey, tell me about the examination yesterday.. I mean maybe the questions will be the same for my class.
Dewi               : Hmmm, when will the exam be held in your class?
Ira                    : Tomorrow morning. It will be the first hour.
Dewi               : Ok, you need to study about pronoun, countable noun, un-countable noun, and some tenses. The questions are related to those topics.
Ira                    : Ok, and then? Any other topic?
Dewi               : Hmmm, oh ya I remember it. The conditional sentence appeared for about three questions.
Ira                    : Thank you Dewi. What are the kinds of those questions. I mean multiple choice or essay?
Ira                    : Essay! It’s gonna be so difficult. You need to study hard.
Dewi               : Really? I must prepare it well.
Ira                    : Yes of course.
Dewi               : May I ask your notes because my notes are not complete enough for the examination.
Ira                    : No problem. Just visit my home tonight or after school.
Dewi               : Ok. Thank you Ira.
Ira                    : You’re welcome. Our foods are coming, let’s eat.






English Department 2013

Farah                           : Hey, Good morning, Riah!
Khairiah                      : Hello there, Farah! Good morning.
Farah                           : Wow, I don’t see you very often to be in cantin this early. What makes you come so early this morning?
Khairiah                      : That’s actually fine, Farah. My house is kind of far from our Campus, I’m just afraid I would come late if I didn’t come so early.
Farah                           : But, I think you never come this early before, Riah. It’s just 08.00 AM now. I usually see you come to class around 08.20 AM.
Khairiah                      : Yeah, Farah. As a matter of fact, the road where I pass by the bus I take everyday to campus is now under betterment. The betterment process really disrupts the traffic condition, so I always end up trapped in traffic jam lately. Due to the traffic jam, I almost come late everyday to campus. So, during the road betterment I will come to campus earlier than before.
Farah                           : That’s a smart decision, Riah. You know about our campus rules, right?
Khairiah                      : Yeah, you are so right, that would be awful. So, what makes you come this early, Farah? Do you usually arrive at campus this early?
Farah                           : Yes, Riah. I come this early to campus everyday.
Tika                             : Wow, what a duty! By the way, do you do all the preparation things by yourself? It must be tiring.
Farah                           : Heehee it won’t happen,
Khiriah                        : Heehee I thought that you have to set everything up all alone.
Farah                           : And… besides of my duty as a student, there are also a few things that please me to be in the campus this early.
Khairiah                      : Huh? What are those?
Farah                           : Humm… I think the air in here is clearer if you breathe in at this early hour. And you may also find some gauze or thin mist around the campus.
Khairiah                      : Yeah, you’re right, Vina. I do feel the air is clearer and I think I saw that thin mist you said too.
Farah                           : Yeah, So, coming earlier to campus isn’t bad, right?
Khairiah                      : Yup, it’s not that bad.
Farah                           : And maybe, you could do some homework you forgot to do last night by coming early to the campus.
Farah                           : Oh, my! I remember I got homework I haven’t finished. I have to finish it before the bell rings. What a great talk, Vina! I’ve got to go, see you later!
Khairiah                      : Haha…See ‘ya, Farah!





English Department 2014

Vera                                        : I’ll just have mandi  Fitri.
Fitri                                          : Fine. I’ll order it right away kak.
Vera                                        : Do you take milk with your coffee?
Fitri                                          : Yes, I take it Kak.
Vera                                        : Is everything okay here?
Fitri                                         : Yes, Everything is fine Kak. Kak I want to join my class as pas as possible kak.
Vera                                         : Very well then. Have a nice day.
Fitri                                          : Thanks ya Kak.


No comments:

Post a Comment